|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|02-10-2013 11:05 PM|
Originally Posted by msawdey View Post
|02-08-2013 07:35 AM|
For diatoms, you can make use of Siamese algae eater and RO water change.
Another fact that you must take into account is the presence of GSA (Green sport algae) that emerges in low phosphate condition. you can add some K2Po4 (potassium phosphate)
|02-07-2013 09:14 PM|
|AUAV8R||I have paintball CO2, I just got tired of having to refill every two weeks. I bought an electronic solenoid to be able to turn it off at night but i didnt realize that i had to have a way to regulate the 800psi from the tank, down to whatever the solenoid requires.|
|02-07-2013 04:48 AM|
|msawdey||excel is glutaraldehyde... Think of it as CO2 in liquid form.... but nothing beats a full co2 system|
|02-07-2013 04:47 AM|
|zackariah||I've got the same problem. What is excel.|
|02-07-2013 02:56 AM|
|msawdey||hmmm.. I truly think this is a no co2 issue. Try dosing with excel if you dont want to dive into the world of CO2, but I can tell you from experience, CO2 is the best algae control|
|02-07-2013 02:35 AM|
|AUAV8R||Lights are on for 7 hours, bulbs are 6 months old, no CO2, osmocote plus root tabs, 2 ottos and 1 Siamese algae eater, tap water, standard 75 gallon using two 48" T5HO bulbs 8 inches above the surface.|
|02-06-2013 11:21 PM|
|msawdey||How long are your lights on for currently. How old are the bulbs? Are you dosing ferts? Co2? Any algae eating fauna currently? RO/DI or tap for water changes?|
|02-06-2013 07:45 PM|
|Peccator||A blackout won't help, this kind of algae thrives in lower light.|
|02-06-2013 06:26 PM|
|AUAV8R||Will doing a blackout help with this?|
|02-06-2013 06:20 PM|
looks like diatoms or brown algae to me.
Best fix... Otos hands down. Also if your bulbs are old then that may also be the issue. in the words of Tom Barr. "if you grow the plants, you wont have an algae problem"
I try to follow this. If i focus on growing the plants, ie providing enough co2, ferts, proper light cycle, then algae will disappear
|02-06-2013 06:16 PM|
|02-06-2013 06:15 PM|
|02-06-2013 06:12 PM|
|02-06-2013 06:11 PM|
My tank has been up for 6 months and I've tried reducing light, increasing light and I can not get rid of this algae. I think it's diatoms but it doesn't come off of the leaves easily like I've heard. I'm not really sure what this is and any help would be greatly appreciated.