|12-02-2013 04:49 AM|
|UDGags||All the wood has pretty much sunk now....trying to locate some rocks that I want and then will order a few different plants and a few more fish/shrimp if budget allows.|
|12-02-2013 04:48 AM|
|12-02-2013 04:29 AM|
|Dr. Brand||I'm just starting my 200 gal setup and I really appreciate all the detail in your post.|
|11-24-2013 10:30 PM|
Well I took the plunge and took out the other driftwood. I was losing a battle with BBA so decide to do a new hardscape. Some of the wood is now soaking and this is what it looks like at the moment. I figure it will be floating for a little while while I get the plants I want in. I have some other wood I might put in but haven't decide on the right in terms of hardscape yet.
|10-07-2013 04:39 AM|
Yeah, I know they take a bit to take off from when I first planted them in the tank.
I don't like lobelia that much to be honest...thinking about putting some different wood in the tank or some black lava rocks.
|10-07-2013 01:38 AM|
It'll fill in nicely. It took the red hybrids a couple months for me and now they grow like crazy. I like the new carpets!
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4
|10-06-2013 09:51 PM|
I finally broke down and took some good pictures. I did a water change, glass cleaning, etc. last night so it would look its best for pictures.
You can see I still have algae in places but its decreasing daily so I just have to be patient. I also need the red Ludwigia to grow a little faster in the back
I'm not completely happy with the layout but its better than nothing right now.
|10-05-2013 02:15 AM|
|UDGags||Found 2-3 more Apisto's about a month old hiding today.|
|10-04-2013 02:00 PM|
It's hair algae in the picture. It's pretty much cleared up in tank just left on a few of the lobelias and some of the 'mini'. I plan on plucking off those leaves this weekend that are still bad.
I basically removed some of the plants that got bad, cranked up my CO2, added a new batch of amano's and been changing the water religiously twice a week. Over the past 2-3 weeks the algae has almost disappeared. I think the biggest thing was the CO2. I really need to do some water testing because my pH/CO2 levels don't match what was at the start of the tank. Probe might need calibrated too. Fish don't seem stressed but going off pH I have 50+ ppm easy.
|10-04-2013 01:43 PM|
|jfynyson||it's cute, congrats ! Hey just noticed in that pic what looks like the green fuzz algae that I had dealt with back in August. Have you found your Amano's eating it ? I don't have shrimp b/c of my clown loach but I only found full tank Algaefix treatment to be able to take care of it (it laughed at Excel & H2O2 full tank & spot treatments). I also heard Algaefix can be bad for some shrimp though...|
|10-04-2013 02:58 AM|
I found one of the babies from the last batch...it's about the size of a dime...excited! It's hiding in the Lobelia Cardinalis 'Dwarf'. It's about a month old.
|10-02-2013 11:28 PM|
Well the algae is just about all gone. Not really sure the direction I'm going with the tank. I'll let things grow some more and probably mess around with a few things to see how they look.
Here is a cell phone picture. The glass needs cleaned so it isn't the greatest to start with.
|09-23-2013 09:10 PM|
I did a carpet of mini-alternanthera reineckii...waiting to see how it fills in.
I'll check your link out tonight if I get time....or sometime this week.
|09-23-2013 08:44 PM|
Well can't wait to see the new layout.
I created a thread (link below) for the Dutch inspired. I'd love for you (if you get time) to add your $0.02 on your trimming and pruning techniques as I recall you being somewhat inspired by the style. I like you, enjoy the breaking of some of the Dutch rules, mainly the use of hardscapes while using a lot of the beauty of the style.
|09-23-2013 07:40 PM|
Well I finally got around last night into moving plants where I think I want them. I've been much more active taking care of the tank the past couple weeks and the algae is going away slowly. Once the plants fill in a bit and the algae is cleared up I'll post some pictures.
One useful tool I found....baby bottles for measuring liquids. We had a bunch of extra small bottles (hospital gives you a ton) for newborns and they have mL markings, lids, etc.. My son is now 8 weeks and using larger bottles so I reused these for my aquarium and they work great!
Edit-All the apistogramma babies died again I believe...I'm sure they were fish food.
|This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|