|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|01-28-2013 01:56 PM|
Rescape in progress, trying to flood and do something with the manzanita. Moved the cories down here since they where running out of playground with the crypts.
|01-18-2013 11:15 PM|
|marioman72||very nice everything looks very healthy|
|01-18-2013 04:27 PM|
Latest picture before heavy trim/ rescape.
Needless to say, my dirt tank experiment was a success. All of the plant I've thrown in there have grown successfully. I will be moving to a bigger place in March, so I will try and keep this one has clean has posible until the move.
To be continued...
|12-08-2012 11:13 AM|
|LyzzaRyzz||Beautiful tank! Good job!|
|12-08-2012 08:44 AM|
|Borikuan||Fish are digging the additional swimming space, I think I'm going to trim heavy from now on, I like the clean look.|
|12-08-2012 08:07 AM|
|marioman72||tank looks very good, everything looks super healthy.|
|12-08-2012 07:17 AM|
After the RAOK decided to do a little trimming and maintenance.
|10-17-2012 02:13 AM|
|Patriot||This looks really nice. I wish I could get a hold of plants like that.|
|10-17-2012 02:02 AM|
Originally Posted by Neatfish View Post
|10-17-2012 01:48 AM|
|Neatfish||It's looking good.|
|10-17-2012 01:15 AM|
Long overdue update !!
First the pics:
Has you can see, lots of changes here
1. First the hairgrass is gone, all of it. Got tired of the half assed look. I pulled out some crazy runners though.
2. Added a few more plants. please dont ask me the names cuse I always forget, if you can identify them more power to you. I like those red bushy stems great contrast with the green.
3. Found a Whisper 60 at a thrift shop. $3, amazing. Lots of volume filtering without the surface trashing. Adjustable flow too. Love it.
4. Downgraded to 13watt bulbs, and added a lights out period to the timer midday too much algae . Hopefully the next thing below will take care of it.
4. The major change , pressurized CO2!! 5lbs tank , Smiths single stage regulator , cheap Lowes needle valve ( got some SMC AS2200 on the way) , bubble wand diffusing ( glass diffuser/bubble counter on the way) . Its a bit hack right now , but its doing the job. Need to grab a drop checker, pronto.
1. Crown tail betta ( Walmart rescue)
2. One banded and one spotted Nerites.
3. 8 ghosties on the breeder HOB
That's it!! Comments appreciated ...
|09-13-2012 05:30 PM|
|09-13-2012 04:59 PM|
|bitFUUL||Hairgrass is looking great man!|
|08-26-2012 08:38 PM|
Added some fauna and flora:
7- Neon tetras
2- Male endlers
4- White Clouds
2- Refugee Assasin snails from my tore down 2.5
?- The usual pond snails pooping everywhere
- Red Ludwigia
- Random Cabomba
- Lemon something ( i forgot the rest of the name)
- Java Fern
- Added a cheap 7 dollar water pump from Harbor Freight for circulation, works perfect.
-Will be upgrading the Aquaclear 20 to maybe a 50.
-Added some Pagoda stones, nice touch to the boring scape. I still suck at scaping :-(
- The DHG is going all over the place, there's runners everywhere
- 1 of my Amanos committed suicide, and fell in the empty 20L bellow dont ask me how that happened
- I had a Tiger Barb refugee in the breeder recuperating from a beating he got from my Green barb. He then decided to jump into the main 20L and hang out with the smaller fish. I allowed him to hang around until I caught him harassing one of the Endlers. I snatched his ass out and threw him back in the breeder and put the lid on. I'm going to have to get rid of those barbs, they don't play well with others.
Sorry for the weird looking pics, my "good" camera was stolen by my sister in law to take pics of Mandalorians at Star Wars Celebration :-)
|07-31-2012 02:20 AM|
|10gallonplanted||I never have any luck with dirt capped with sand. Always causes BBA and hiar algae in about two months, but when i use fine gravel to top it off it works perfect! No algae and healthy plants. Hopefully you will have better luck than me!|
|This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|