The Planted Tank Forum - Reply to Topic
Thread: This blue bolt is just fantastic Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
12-08-2012 01:33 AM
sbarbee54 I would not say they breed like crazy, tb breed ok.
12-07-2012 11:21 PM
bluebolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayurasem View Post
Nice blue bolts!
Do they breed true?
they breed like crazy, and they are always blue
09-16-2012 07:33 PM
StrungOut
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayurasem View Post
The first picture of the three looks like a very nice grade snow white shrimp o.o
blue bolt for sure, just changed color on me, first molt was okay, second molt....
09-16-2012 10:17 AM
sayurasem The first picture of the three looks like a very nice grade snow white shrimp o.o
09-16-2012 04:09 AM
StrungOut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantube View Post
What are your water parameters?
All I can give you is:

Pure RO, seachem equilibrium remin. (tds 130)
mr. aquasoil/fluval stratum mix subs

I don't test anything as don't have test kits except tds

equilibrium has mixed reviews same as fluval stratum, what I had available
09-16-2012 03:24 AM
ryantube What are your water parameters?
09-15-2012 09:50 PM
StrungOut My blue bolt second molt and turned into green bolt! Any ideas as to what happend and how I can change him back? I've read this on another post this happend before. http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...ght=green+bolt




Also please tell me that this female is saddled already. I can't really tell with these guys.
camera picked up colors I couldn't see myself


normal pic
09-13-2012 03:11 AM
StrungOut
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjenny View Post
I have a 7.5 g shrimp & moss, and a 36 g community, and I'm wondering if I shouldn't just change out my 36 g to just shrimp. It's CLEARLY my biggest interest, yet not my biggest tank.....

And I would just love some BBs.
I think you should do it, buts thats just me for love of shrimp over a community tank.
09-13-2012 03:07 AM
azjenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrungOut View Post
In a 30 gallon sea clear acrylic moss tank.
I have a 7.5 g shrimp & moss, and a 36 g community, and I'm wondering if I shouldn't just change out my 36 g to just shrimp. It's CLEARLY my biggest interest, yet not my biggest tank.....

And I would just love some BBs.
09-13-2012 02:51 AM
StrungOut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edub View Post
Great looking shrimp, the blue bolts are my favorite. I wish all you breeders the best of luck with them so one day I can afford them as well!
Thanks very much.

Quote:
what size tank are you keeping these guys in?
In a 30 gallon sea clear acrylic moss tank.
09-13-2012 02:49 AM
azjenny what size tank are you keeping these guys in?
09-12-2012 02:38 PM
Edub Great looking shrimp, the blue bolts are my favorite. I wish all you breeders the best of luck with them so one day I can afford them as well!
09-11-2012 07:00 PM
StrungOut Finally got my female today, so the male won't be lonely anymore. Low grade, as a high grade was unsexed so I didn't want to take the chance. Can't wait if these start breeding for me.




Gonna drip acclimate for a hour or more


The male molted 9/4/12 and doesn't look as cool anymore, still looks nice but has a lot more white now. I'm guessing my water is too hard brings out more of the white.
08-29-2012 09:45 PM
StrungOut I have no clue, I got information from here:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...olt+breed+true
Guess it has to be f1 or something, too much science! If 2% is other taiwan bees, that would be awesome.
08-29-2012 09:33 PM
jkan0228 So if they breed 98% true? What's the other 2%? Other taiwan bees?
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome