|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|11-30-2014 03:37 AM|
A nice Aquascaping is like a nice photography (don't forget Amano is a photographer!)
I will add:
- be carefull not to put the real focal point in the center of the aquarium (except if very symmetric!)
- follow the golden rule or the rule of third for the real focal point
- think shadow/contrast by the leveling and adequate lightning position and even cave who create shadow
- white area (sand per example) can attract the eyes from the primary focus point
- in north America, we read from left to right....focal point on the left will look more natural...but it depend!
- triangle are very dynamic for the eyes....valley...wood and rock angle....
- the aquarium side are like picture frame, kept some space
- overall sense of balance is important
- "complementary" color and tent are important between plant, sand, rock, wood, etc.
- like it was said before "less is more" or the "minimalist" approach can be the right way to go...
I believe lot more rules can apply to aquascaping.
Photographer will better understand what I am saying
|11-29-2014 01:52 AM|
|fish jihad||A well deserved bump sir. Its a travesty this isnt a sticky|
|11-27-2014 08:29 PM|
|Kai808||Bumping an old informational thread that could inspire ideas.|
|04-07-2013 04:42 PM|
|Saxtonhill||WOW! Awesome thread! Thanks so much for posting!|
|12-14-2012 10:01 PM|
Originally Posted by youjettisonme View Post
Rhosneiger Beach by Stu Worrall Photography, on Flickr
|08-26-2012 01:07 AM|
|youjettisonme||Here is another thread I haven't had a chance to check in forever. Glad to see some people still seem to be benefiting from this!|
|08-25-2012 06:58 PM|
|marcII||Awesome work youjettisonme all this info is out there but like the way you put it together and make it sound so simple.....I set up my tank that way...got the rocks and wood in there and just move it around till it felt right.....|
|08-22-2012 11:22 PM|
|hedge_fund||what a great thread. thanks for posting|
|08-19-2012 04:42 PM|
|jakevwapp84||great thread very well written!|
|08-19-2012 07:18 AM|
Originally Posted by pejerrey View Post
|08-19-2012 06:50 AM|
Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
|08-19-2012 01:54 AM|
II need to stay out of the journals, so many gorgeous tanks! gives me to many ideas!
People who don't like bacon can't be trusted.
|08-19-2012 01:34 AM|
|Complexity||Really pretty! The red plants really brighten up the whole scape. What is the red plant on the left?|
|08-18-2012 07:14 AM|
Originally Posted by Colorful View Post
|08-18-2012 05:11 AM|
|ua hua||I don't know how I missed this thread but very informative write-up with great examples of not only pics of tanks but nature itelf. Thanks for taking the time to post this thread youjettisonme.|
|This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|