|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|01-26-2013 04:00 PM|
Thank you guys for the tips.
Does this high dosing affect fish? I am planning to add Neon Tetra after a month or so.. But plants are primary.
|01-26-2013 02:20 PM|
You don't have to dose daily, it just seems nicer for the critters in the tank. Play with this nifty calculator to see how things change with water changes of different %.
|01-26-2013 07:10 AM|
1) No, they cant, but that's the whole point.
2) 50% is just a nice round number we use and it prevents a crazy excess build up.
3) Excel is helpful. Pressurized CO2 is the best.
|01-26-2013 05:59 AM|
In addition, Excel can become quite costly in the long run.
|01-26-2013 04:11 AM|
Do you have to dose fertilizer everyday?
I just started my first planted tank. 30G fresh water. I have T5 10000K 42W lighting. No CO2.
I have Cobomba caroliniana, hairgrass belem, Helanthium tenellum, Vesuvius and some Fissidians and Flame moss.
I am trying to understand all dosing before I buy all fertilizers. This is what seems to be the consensus.
50% H20 change-weekly
1/4 Tsp-KN03 3x a week
1/16 Tsp-KH2P04 3x aweek
1/2 Tsp-GH booster once a week
5ml or 1/16Tsp-Trace 3x a week
1. If we do a mix of micro and macro every other day.. That's dosing everyday. Is that really necessary? Can plants really use up all the nutrients in a day?
2. Also, does it require 50% PWC? Some say 25%, some 50%.. Any points on that?
3. I am planning to use Flourish Excel. Is this good enough for carbon to live without CO2?