Round Leaf Anubias (Anubias barteri var. 'round leaf')
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Plant Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 204
Total Images: 590
Total Comments: 1258

Round Leaf Anubias (Anubias barteri var. 'round leaf')

Information

Common Name: Round Leaf Anubias
Proper Name: Anubias barteri var. 'round leaf'
Category: Anubias and Lagenandra
Temperature: 22 - 26 C
PH: 6.5 - 7.5
Lighting: Low
Growth Rate: Very Slow
Difficulty: Easy
Origin: Africa
Position in Aquascape: Mid-Ground
Description  
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Large rounded leaves on long petioles. Leaves are 2 to 3 times as big as Anubias barteri var barteri or coffeefolia.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I have two specimens of this hardy plant in a 10 gallon, one of which dominates the tank with a diameter of approximately one foot all around. It has grown to this size without fertilization of any kind and under very poor lighting conditions. As a beginner aquarist I reccommend this plant to anyone who wants some plant life in their aquarium. It is by far the hardiest plant you can get and is beautiful with its thick, robust leaves. It can be encouraged to grow on rocks and driftwood easily and will provide cover for your fish. Dim lighting is the best for this plant as it is slow growing and bright lighting will promote algae growth on its leaves. If you are looking for a beautiful hardy plant to keep in a low-cost aquarium with fish that prefer dim lighting, Anubias sp. are the best choice.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I just love this plant for the following reasons: It's damn near impodsible ro kill it. bettas love sleeping on it. looks like a tree if tied to a nice piece of driftwood. Slow grower (except in my case.... i get a few leafs a month) it can grow in any light*****