Pogostemon Erectus (Pogostemon Erectus)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Plant Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 204
Total Images: 590
Total Comments: 1260

Pogostemon Erectus (Pogostemon Erectus)

Information

Common Name: Pogostemon Erectus
Proper Name: Pogostemon Erectus
Category: Stem Plants
Temperature: 20 - 30 C
PH: 5-7
Lighting: Medium
Growth Rate: Medium
Difficulty: Medium
Origin: Asia (southwestern India)
Position in Aquascape: Background
Description  
Planted Member

Your Avatar
A very nice vertical growing stem with beautiful light green colored whorls of fine (pine needle like) leafs, that can be used in the mid-ground and/or background. Seems to grow at a fairly moderate/semi-fast rate with CO2, ferts., and good lighting. This plant forms beautiful whorls and will produce side shoots near the base of the main stem. When they grow too long for my liking, I pull them out of the substrate (roots and all), cut the bottom off to the desired stem length, and replant. They will re-root quickly.

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Beautiful plant and it grows at a medium speed. Love the color on these guys since it develops a light green but not near the yellow green end. They do indeed root super fast, but only issue is that if you have detritus, the fine needle shaped leaves are excellent at trapping it. I think it looks best when you replant the tops that way it doesn't get too hectic looking. If you plant it in a nice bunch with the back stems taller, it really looks amazing as you get a cascade of needles.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
My cherry barbs love to dive into these plants and lay their eggs. Beautiful fluffy plant.