Hygrophila pinnatifida (Hygrophila pinnatifida )
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Plant Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 204
Total Images: 589
Total Comments: 1250

Hygrophila pinnatifida (Hygrophila pinnatifida )

Information

Common Name: Hygrophila pinnatifida
Proper Name: Hygrophila pinnatifida
Category: Stem Plants
Temperature: 20 - 28 C
PH: 5.5 to 8
Lighting: Medium
Growth Rate: Medium
Difficulty: Medium
Origin: India
Position in Aquascape: Mid-Ground
Description  
Planted Tank Guru

Your Avatar
This plant has a unique leaf with a brown/green color above and burgundy on the underside, it also has a unique deeply serrated edge, it produces horizontal side shoots that should be removed to keep the plant growing neatly it will also stay more compact with high light and has a slow to medium rate of growth, the plant can also be attached to wood or rocks.

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Takashi Amano uses this plant a lot in it's recent aquariums. Never saw this plant available in my region. The fact that this is a stem plant and that it can be attached like the bolbitis or microsorum makes it interesting.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Awesome stem plant, the leaves look like skinny oak tree leaves. I'm very fond of stem plants that grow slowly since they don't overrun the tank and require constant trimming. Great compliment to tanks with driftwood IMO.

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Grows out of the water

Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
Gets a nice pink tone to it with high light

Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
indeed, it does grow at a medium pace in my super high light tank compared to other hygro species, very unique looking, almost looks like a bolbitus

Images