broad leaf amazon sword (broad leaf amazon sword)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Plant Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 204
Total Images: 590
Total Comments: 1258

broad leaf amazon sword (broad leaf amazon sword)

Information

Common Name: broad leaf amazon sword
Proper Name: broad leaf amazon sword
Category: Echinodorus
Temperature: 12 - 23 C
PH: 4-8
Lighting: Medium
Growth Rate: Fast
Difficulty: Easy
Origin: possibly asia
Position in Aquascape: Mid-Ground
Description  
Abs

Your Avatar
Make the description as long and detailed as you want. It is recommended but not required.

Abs

Your Avatar
i have that and can grow from moderate to bright light and relatively easy to keep. just need plenty of iron and extra boosts by tablet fertilizers. i'm sure it will say WEEEEEEEEE!

Abs

Your Avatar
sorry i have a mistake the scientific name is really e. bleheri pls. edit this plantedtank.net

Planted Member

Your Avatar
What are the best ferts for this?

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
The best ferts for these are tablet ferts or osmocote.

Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
I like this plant; it is extremely good for beginners. It was also my first 'True' Aquatic plant. I kept it in a betta side tank. It grew very well in incandescent lighting; glass pebbles; and fish poop. When my betta died; I put the sword into my planted tank. It was so robust; it started to look too full and weedy for my liking. Then I gave it away. One day I'll grow this plant where it fits imo.

Your Avatar
These will grow tons of leave under medium-high lighting so I use T5 lighting in the big tank. If you want them to reproduce just increase the lighting to high and it will release a series of babies just like a Java Fern but I do not recommend you have a Java Fern in the same tank except very well covered by other plants since they like medium low light like from typical LED lighting. Regular water changes and either monitored liquid iron or root tabs should provide the iron that SHOULD be missing from your slightly hard water. Tend to collect algae even when the tank surface is clean but expect to see your snails, shrimp or some fish eating any algae off their wide surfaces.