Willow Hygro (Hygrophilia angustifolia)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Plant Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 204
Total Images: 588
Total Comments: 1239

Willow Hygro (Hygrophilia angustifolia)

Information

Common Name: Willow Hygro
Proper Name: Hygrophilia angustifolia
Category: Stem Plants
Temperature: 18 - 28 C
PH: 6.5 - 7.5
Lighting: Medium
Growth Rate: Medium
Difficulty: Easy
Origin: New Guinea and Australia
Position in Aquascape: Background
Description  
Planted Member

Your Avatar
Nice looking easy to care for plant if proper conditions are met. It will grow roots if left floating at the bottom, of the tank if not properly pushed into the substrate.

Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
I bought a sample pack of different plants from someone off of the SnS section which came with one stem of this about 1 1/2 months ago. it now has AMAZING roots and 3 smaller stems which are about 2-3 inches long each. I have a 55gal tank with shop lights and eco complete/inert gravel as my substrate with no co2 or dosing. Just started seachem comprehensive so I hope it makes a difference.

Planted Tank Guru

Your Avatar
This is a plant that reminds me of green bamboo, it has a segmented stem that is very strong and wide green leaves the can be very long. One this plant is established it can grow med to fast in a high tech tank but it does respond well to trimming and the tops can be replanted if needed. IMO this plant needs a big and tall tank, it has reached 30 inches in my tank in less than a month, it also greens nicely with Fe added.

Wannabe Guru

Your Avatar
Mine grows super fast with no CO2 and turns a bright pink at the top. Super easy plant once it settles in.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I am new to fish tanks in general and this is one of the plants in both my 25 gallon and my 8 gallon. It is growing and spreading faster than any of my other plants, except the water sprite, but remains a mid ground plant in my 25 gallon. I love the shade of green and how it moves, very beautiful. Planted in flourite and given a small amount of ferts daily.