Usteriana (Cryptocoryne usteriana)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Plant Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 204
Total Images: 584
Total Comments: 1198

Usteriana (Cryptocoryne usteriana)

Information

Common Name: Usteriana
Proper Name: Cryptocoryne usteriana
Category: Cryptocorynes
Temperature: 22 - 26 C
PH: 6 to 7.8
Lighting: Medium
Growth Rate: Medium
Difficulty: Easy
Origin: Philippines
Position in Aquascape: Background

Planted Tank Guru

Your Avatar
I took this photo to show how red the undersides of the leaves can get. Usteriana is one of the easier large Cryps to grow and is adaptable to most freshwater conditions.

Planted Member

Your Avatar
I bought my plants from Aquarium Landscapes before the original owner got sick and sold it. I think it was about 2004 or so, I have to check. Today, Nov 28, 2009, I was cleaning the tank and found a flower bud on the plant when the tank was drained very low. This is the first time I have had this plant send out a bud, or at least the first time I noticed it.

Planted Tank VIP

Your Avatar
i keep mine under metal halides and it spreads slowly. id say it doubled over 5 years. 12"-15" tall.

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
This plant was sold all around our country in a cheap price. you can by 7 for 1 dollar.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I've had the Morco strain twice, the first time as a wild import the second as a slip from Germany. I found this to be the fastest spreading Crypt I've ever seen: leaf, runner, leaf runner, and the leaves outgrew the (20gal) tank after about the third one. It's a *heavy* feeder and requires *tons* of iron. Keep in mind there's three forms: the Morco form, dark green wine red underside, the Bogner form which looks like a narrow aponigetifolia, and the Claus Christienson form, a darker green version of the Bogner form. There's a photo of C. keei on The Crypt Pages where three colors forms are shown and they're the same colors as the three forms of UST.

Images