Anubias Congensis (Anubias Barteri var. Congensis)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Plant Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 204
Total Images: 591
Total Comments: 1286

Anubias Congensis (Anubias Barteri var. Congensis)

Information

Common Name: Anubias Congensis
Proper Name: Anubias Barteri var. Congensis
Category: Anubias and Lagenandra
Temperature: 20 - 28 C
PH: 5 - 8
Lighting: Low
Growth Rate: Very Slow
Difficulty: Easy
Origin: West Africa
Position in Aquascape: Mid-Ground

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Ive had this plants a cpl of weeks now. I thought one of the leaves were turrning brown but it was just a new leaf. So far one of my fav plants

Your Avatar
these are pretty plants that make good foreground plants. they also look nice attached to bogwood. because of their slow growth, be careful as they can become easily colonised by algae. other than that they are a great plant and once established grow quite happily. i haven't fertilized mine yet, but just with co2 and good lighting they are growing fine.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I purchased 2 bareroot for a 10G, planted in substrate(eco-complete), w/ a couple of False Juli's, and an Otocinclus, along with some neons, no worries so far. Beautiful, although be aware they are Slow growing. Hard algae is an issue.

Planted Member

Your Avatar
I have this under 2 cfl's in a 20h with pressurized co2 and it is growing faster than any other plant. 4 new leaves in about a month. Don't plant deep in substrate, attach it to rocks, driftwood or lightly set it on the substrate