Compact Corymbosa (Hygrophila Corymbosa var Compact)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Plant Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 204
Total Images: 591
Total Comments: 1277

Compact Corymbosa (Hygrophila Corymbosa var Compact)

Information

Common Name: Compact Corymbosa
Proper Name: Hygrophila Corymbosa var Compact
Category: Stem Plants
Temperature: 20 - 30 C
PH: 5 - 8
Lighting: Low
Growth Rate: Slow
Difficulty: Easy
Origin:
Position in Aquascape: Mid-Ground

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
i have two of these in a somewhat low-tech 95 and they are both doing well. very nice, bright green and grows quite dense/full

Planted Member

Your Avatar
Awesome plant for the low-tech aquarium or pond.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I love this plant! At first, I thought I had killed it but then one of the other members on here told me that this plant is a potassium hog. I started dosing potassium and it bounced back as if nothing had happened. Great plant, love the light, almost lime green color it adds to my tank. Dose the potassium, don't skimp and you will be well rewarded.

H is for Hillstream

Your Avatar
i love this plant. i have it in two tanks. the first tank i have it in sand, with high light and it does okay, but feed it root tabs and it explodes. i took one of my plants and carefully seperated stems from the main plant and replanted them all in a 20Long in eco-complete, and they are growing but they need more nutrients. the leaves are begining to show red. a friend of mine had one of these grow to over 2ft tall.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Have one for a few mos so far . One of my hardiest plants . Doing phenomanol w mild co2 and compact fluorescent lights and Fluorite gravel mix substrate . Very bright green I call it my lettuce plant :)

Planted Member

Your Avatar
This plant is very easy to take care of as long as you dose ample amounts of POTASSIUM, if not the leaves will get pinholes, it is a huge potassium hog. For very dense growth and very fast propagation-from side shoots, you will want high lighting, Co2 and a mineralized substrate, of course.

Images