Christmass moss (Taxiphyllum montagnei)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Plant Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 204
Total Images: 588
Total Comments: 1240

Christmass moss (Taxiphyllum montagnei)

Information

Common Name: Christmass moss
Proper Name: Taxiphyllum montagnei
Category: Ferns and Mosses
Temperature: 15 - 28 C
PH: 5.5-9
Lighting: Medium
Growth Rate: Slow
Difficulty: Hard
Origin: Brazil
Position in Aquascape: Foreground
Description  
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
A special moss originally seen in Japanese aquariums and known as ''Amazonia Willow Moss''. Also called ''Christmas tree moss'', because of its side branch structure which distinguishes it from ordinary Vesicularia dubyana and looks like fir tree branches. It is more demanding than ordinary Java moss and grows more slowly. It attaches readily to roots and stones, and as it spreads in the water it needs pruning to keep its shape attractive. [TROPICA]

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Hi admin, Please delete this plant profile. Sorry, I think I've made a mistake with the name of this plant.. Regards, Jeffrey

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
This moss is so cool looking. After about 3 weeks in my 55, its taking off nicely. Cant wait for my next order comes in!

Planted Member

Your Avatar
Hrm, this moss seems to be doing well in my low-tech 30 gallon. I just left it floating in a net for now, until there's enough for it to cover my entire piece of driftwood. Pretty nice (:

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
I wanted the weeping moss that hangs. I got this sent to me instead. I found this moss To grow really fast with good light and some excel. I attached it to a branch and it's ground like a weed. A very nice plant even if it was not what I ordered.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Typo in profile name: Incorrect spelling of Christmas.