Ludwigia Pantanal (Ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata 'Pantanal')
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Plant Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 204
Total Images: 590
Total Comments: 1257

Ludwigia Pantanal (Ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata 'Pantanal')

Information

Common Name: Ludwigia Pantanal
Proper Name: Ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata 'Pantanal'
Category: Stem Plants
Temperature: 19 - 30 C
PH: 5.0 - 7.0
Lighting: Medium,High
Growth Rate: Medium,Fast
Difficulty: Hard,Very Hard
Origin: Brazil
Position in Aquascape: Background,Mid-Ground
Description  
Planted Tank Guru

Your Avatar
Ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata 'Pantanal' is a difficult plant to grow for the beginner. it prefers an acidic substrate such as Flora Base, Aqua soil, it will also do well in Eco Complete as long as the addition of peat is introduced underneath the main substrate, and a deep substrate of at least 3" recommended and soft water is a must, (Low KH/4 or less & GH/5 or less) Lighting needs to be within the 3wpg range. CO2 injection is a necessity, 24/7 managed and regulated for best results, a mist of C02 is recommended. Fertilization should be diligent, NPK, TE and Fe. The bio-filtration also plays an important role in the overall success of growing this plant and plants of this specie. filter needs to be large enough to produce good flow and house adequate media. A very stunning plant when grown to its glory in the aquarium. Propagation is easy for a healthy plant, it will produced new shoots up along the stem,. Goes lovely in a Tonina tank.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I don't necessarily agree with the previous comment. I find this plant to be pretty easy provided you have over 3wpg, injected co2 and dose ferts. I have it growing very will in fluorite black with a couple plant tabs, ph of 6.5 to 7.2, 4dkh and 150ppm GH... And its growth rate is about 2 inches a week. Under these conditions mine looks like the plant in the lower right photo (4th from the top) and about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.

Wannabe Guru

Your Avatar
This plant seems to be pretty easy to grow granted its needs are met with light and ferts. Mine (for now) seems to thrive, grow very quickly, and color up real nicely. I just dose EI, use A LOT of CO2 via reactor, and decent lights. They say that the bottom will melt if cut, but so far it has pushed off side shoots but they grow slow to start off with, my tops grew to the top of the tank before it pushed off a side shoot. Either way, nice looking plant and is a nice addition to give some contrast to the larger leaf hygro's, swords, and others..

Images