Narrow Leaves Hygrophyla (Hygrophyla corymbosa "angustifolia")
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Plant Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 204
Total Images: 590
Total Comments: 1257

Narrow Leaves Hygrophyla (Hygrophyla corymbosa "angustifolia")

Information

Common Name: Narrow Leaves Hygrophyla
Proper Name: Hygrophyla corymbosa "angustifolia"
Category: Stem Plants
Temperature: 20 - 30 C
PH: 5.5-8
Lighting: High
Growth Rate: Fast
Difficulty: Easy
Origin: South East Asia
Position in Aquascape: Background
Description  
Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Under water Hygrophila corymbosa ''angustifolia'' has relatively narrow leaves which are grouped close together. Plants sold in the shops are normally cultivated above water, and have rounder leaves with larger gaps between them. [TROPICA]

Vic
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
Very easy to maintain and grow. Highly recommended!

Vic
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
Being the hygrophila enthusiast that I am, it came as no surprise that I decided to give this one a try. This species is relatively undemanding in terms of care like the majority of hygrophila species. I keep mine in a 1.8 wpg tank with fluorite substrate and weekly fertilizers and it's doing well. I see new leaflets sprouting from the stems almost everyday.

Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
Very easy plant, I got it less than a week ago and it's already grown a couple of inches, I have it in Eco-Complete substrate with around 2 watts per gallon, doing homemade CO2 injection as well as flourish excel. It's doing great, I may add an image later.

Planted Member

Your Avatar
I bought this plant specifically because I heard that it was quite easy (like most hygrophila species). I've experienced a lot of melting and die off in the the first month or so, but what is left seems like it may bounce back. I see small leaves growing in, albeit slowly. My tank is dirted with organic potting soil and I'm running 4 T-5 bulbs on a 90G.

Images