Sword Var. rose (Echinodorus 'Rose')
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Plant Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 204
Total Images: 590
Total Comments: 1261

Sword Var. rose (Echinodorus 'Rose')

Information

Common Name: Sword Var. rose
Proper Name: Echinodorus 'Rose'
Category: Echinodorus
Temperature: 20 - 30 C
PH: 5.5-8
Lighting: Low,Medium
Growth Rate: Medium
Difficulty: Easy
Origin: South America (cultivar)
Position in Aquascape: Background,Mid-Ground
Description  
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
When I first got this plant it was growing in my 75 gallon under low-medium light. It put out a new leaf about once a week. I was using DIY C02 at about 1bps changed every month, in Flourite with TMG weekly. It was in about 22 ˚C water. Now I have it under height light with C02 at about 5 bps in 29 ˚C degree water. With Flourite and TMG weekly. It puts out about a leaf every 1-2 days. I had some algae problems in my first setup with low light and I trimmed all the leaves down so just the roots and bulbs where left and it never grew back but the second plantlet I only trimmed the worst leaves and it made it through. This plant has only made one runner and only one of the flowers turned into a plantlet. It is a beautiful plant that sends out red leaves that turn to a brownish green over time. It must have lots of space as it quickly overgrows its tank. Mine is 21 + inches and still getting taller.