Rotala Vietnam (Rotala sp. 'Vietnam')
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Plant Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 204
Total Images: 588
Total Comments: 1237

Rotala Vietnam (Rotala sp. 'Vietnam')

Information

Common Name: Rotala Vietnam
Proper Name: Rotala sp. 'Vietnam'
Category: Stem Plants
Temperature: 22 - 30 C
PH: 5.0 - 6.5
Lighting: Medium,High,Very High
Growth Rate: Fast
Difficulty: Medium,Hard
Origin: Vietnam
Position in Aquascape: Background,Mid-Ground
Description  
Planted Tank Guru

Your Avatar
A beautiful fine leave plant that is medium hard to grow, it requires a well run tank with good C02, NPK, TE & Fe, soft water is a must to bring out it's glory, in the right conditions it will have a rich gold color with a deep red stem. Very similar to [I]Rotala wallichii[/I] this plant is a good C02 indicator, it will become very ratty looking if gas is inadequate. Propagation is easy, it will produce many side shoots, top and replant, leaving the bottom half intact for additional stems.

Planted Member

Your Avatar
This is definitely a fast grower and is probably one of the fastest-growing plants I've had experience with. It's a beautiful background plant that can add great contrast to plants with its thin, almost feather-like leaves. In higher light, it's a more golden color. Otherwise, it has very bright leaves and a nice contrast-colored, red stem.

Pelvicachromis Lover!

Your Avatar
I received cuttings of this plant which immediately took off with 1.44wpg, IE ferts and injected CO2. Very fast and beautiful grower. Then I lost power for a week due to hurricane Ike, and it died off completely. While my other plants were adversely affected, this plant was the only plant I lost.

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
grew like a weed for me in my picto with no Co2

Your Avatar
any advice on getting this back and growing in my tank? I got some clippings from a friend, planted them in my tank, and they pretty much died out right away. All the leaves dropped off and the stalk is all that's left, there is still green in there, and I've got little shoots VERY slowly poking their heads up from previous leaf points. I started DIY CO2 about a month ago, and I dose with nutrafin plant-gro about twice a week. brown algae is a mild concern. 25gal tank with 2x 13W "bright white" CFLs and 1x "soft white" CFL

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
my SAE love to chew on it

Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
Which part of Vietnam? Why didnt I take it with me coming to the US?

Planted Member

Your Avatar
Have never seen this kind in viet nam

Your Avatar
Grows great in my tank with medium lighting, co2, and ei dosing. It grows quick and gives some nice contrast in the background.