Utricularia graminifolia (Utricularia graminifolia)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Plant Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 204
Total Images: 594
Total Comments: 1333

Utricularia graminifolia (Utricularia graminifolia)

Information

Common Name: Utricularia graminifolia
Proper Name: Utricularia graminifolia
Category: Stem Plants
Temperature: 16 - 28 C
PH: 5.0 - 6.5
Lighting: Medium,High
Growth Rate: Medium
Difficulty: Medium,Hard
Origin: Vietnam
Position in Aquascape: Foreground
Description  
Planted Tank Guru

Your Avatar
Utricularia graminifolia is of the bladderwort family and can make a nice foreground plant for the experienced hobbyists, C02 injection is of importance. Soft water is also important, (Low KH/4 or less & GH/5 or less) Lighting needs to be within the 2.5~3wpg range. CO2 injection is a necessity, a mist of C02 is recommended. Fertilization should be diligent, NPK, TE and Fe. A very stunning plant when grown to its glory in the aquarium. Propagation is easy for a healthy lawn/carpet, bi-monthly or monthly trimming will help in thickening and the spread of this beauty. The bio-filtration also plays an important role in the overall success of growing this plant. filter needs to be large enough to produce good flow and house adequate media. It is a member of the Lentibulariaceae specie.

Your Avatar
I have Utricularia graminifolia in Thailand and anybody..Help.. see picture please I have to wait or set up a new one. http://upic.me/show/29816586

Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
I am from Vietnam but I missed taking this species when I moved to US.

Planted Member

Your Avatar
I have never seen this in the US i really want some

Wannabe Guru

Your Avatar
Tried it once in a high tech setup, with tons of co2 and ferts, and it just died off. Hope I can try it again sometime. Not easy to come by.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Niloc Colin sells this stuff I have some coming for my tank going to put it under my bonsai tree as it is so short. nilocg.com if you looking for some

Images