Rotala rotundifolia (Rotala rotundifolia)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Plant Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 204
Total Images: 590
Total Comments: 1255

Rotala rotundifolia (Rotala rotundifolia)

Information

Common Name: Rotala rotundifolia
Proper Name: Rotala rotundifolia
Category: Stem Plants
Temperature: 18 - 28 C
PH: 5.0 - 7.5
Lighting: High
Growth Rate: Fast
Difficulty: Medium
Origin: Asia
Position in Aquascape: Background,Mid-Ground
Description  
Planted Tank Guru

Your Avatar
One of the most common of aquatic plants in the trade, will grow well in medium light, but with highlight C02 and nutrient it will show its glory.

Planted Member

Your Avatar
I have this plant in my tank with Seachem flourish and N ferts, DIY CO2 and 2 WPG and it is just flourishing. It is producing new stems all the time and growing several inches a week. I find it will grow different leaves depending on conditions- mine has round green leaves with blood red undersides, lancelot pink leaves and lancelot green leaves. It seems in the conditions mentioned the lancelot pink leaves seem most predominant.

Planted Tank Guru

Your Avatar
This is one of the easiest stem plants to grow. Good stem plant for low tech tanks. Will turn red under high light.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I am a newbie when it comes to live aquatic plants. This plant did well in my small tank. The tank was only 9" tall but with a 15 w T8 bulb. It grew well and flourished. I used Excel Flourish and fertilizer tablets. I am now trying it out in a standard 10 gallon tank with two 15 watt bulbs. I hope it grows as nicely. These look best when planted in large patches.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Grows at a steady pace in my 55 gal with 64watts and inert gravel, no CO2 or ferts. Also seems resistant to goldfish attacks.

Planted Member

Your Avatar
This plant is very easy and grows quite fast. I've grown this in high light, without co2, with ferts and in Aqua Soil and inert gravel, but it grows faster in aquasoil. I've also grown it in an emersed tank. This is one of my favorite plant.

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Thrives in low light although will revert to green. With seachem and co2 the tips will turn red.

Vic
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
Despite its color, it is very forgiving for novice aquarists. A relatively fast grower that is comparable to many hygrophila species. An adaptable plant that can thrive in low tech conditions, but will absolutely flourish in high tech conditions.

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Very nice plant, but Google thinks its common name is Rotala Indica.

Wannabe Guru

Your Avatar
Elegant, beautiful and easy. One of my favorites. Just keep clipping the top 6 inches off and repropagate, you'll have a huge bush in no time.

Images