Ember Tetra (Hyphessobrycon amandae)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Fish Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 237
Total Images: 818
Total Comments: 1687

Ember Tetra (Hyphessobrycon amandae)

Information

Common Name: Ember Tetra
Proper Name: Hyphessobrycon amandae
Category: Characins
Temperature: 23 - 29 C
Temperament Schooling
Maximum Size: 2 cm

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
One of the best nano fish for a nano planted tank! =] they're active little buggers too..

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I have around a dozen of these little guys; several of them I bought in 2008. They are even more beautiful today. The picture here does no justice to them. A word of advice, they look best against lush green plants. I moved mine to a biotope/driftwood-dominant set-up. Though they are pretty, the color does not show off as well as in a well-planted. The are terrific schoolers, especially if you have a larger fish in with them (e.g., platy, active corydoras, etc). One of my all time favorites.

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Just bought 9 of these little guys last week. One died with in an hour. The rest are out and about all day schooling and will eat anything you feed them. I cant beleive the diffrence in the coloring from when I saw them at the pet shop and now. Do yourself a favor if you see them buy them you will be very happy

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I have 11 of these in a species tank (10 Gallon) and LOVE them! Such neat little fish! They are very active and form tight schools when scared. They look very pretty when all colored up. Much better in person than pics. :)

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
my lfs has might have these and be calling them galaxy rasboras... my bad galaxy rasbora is in different tank. lol