Black Ghost Knife (APTERONOTUS ALBIFRONS)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Fish Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 237
Total Images: 824
Total Comments: 1727

Black Ghost Knife (APTERONOTUS ALBIFRONS)

Information

Common Name: Black Ghost Knife
Proper Name: APTERONOTUS ALBIFRONS
Category: Others
Temperature: 24 - 28 C
Temperament Active
Maximum Size: 47 cm

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
need dim lighting and a large tank with plenty of swimming space

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I think these fish are so cool, after a few weeks mine started becoming more active during the day,rather than sleeping all the time, some what territorial doesnt like my loachs swimming around his cave great fish to watch when your bored, they have such a crazy swimming pattern

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Yea i know what you mean, ive seen mine just chilling with my fire eel swimming around the tank and laying on my pleco lol

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Great fish! one of the fish that went in my very first fish tank a couple years ago. Now that I read that it needs dim light i feel bad that i didn't know that :( now i know why he use to always chill in the little castle we had in there

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
These fish seem to be trainable. I trained mine to eat off my hands. At first I wasn't sure about it, but rather quickly they learned to associate hand with food..which is kinda scary once you think about it. Luckily mine never bit me or tried to eat my hand.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
This is the KING of fishes in my opinion. It can swim in an unique way, it can use electrical currents, AND is TAMABLE. I can say nothing more.

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
the best fish i have ever grown... :[ R.I.P. to mine.. he lived for a year and reached 11 inches... i got him at 2 inches..

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Great fish for a planted tank, provided you have the room for them when they get larger. Had mine in a 120 tall. Great fish. In nature they're nocturnal but mine got used to coming out during feeding time.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Great fish! My first actually, 8 years ago I got a baby BGK for $45 and keep him currently in a 75 gallon, heavily planted, with angels. Not aggressive in the slightest. LOVES to be hand fed (blood worms) and even lays in my hand.