Dwarf Gourami (Colisa lalia)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Fish Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 237
Total Images: 827
Total Comments: 1738

Dwarf Gourami (Colisa lalia)

Information

Common Name: Dwarf Gourami
Proper Name: Colisa lalia
Category: Labyrinth Fish
Temperature: 25 - 28 C
Temperament Peaceful
Maximum Size: 8.5 cm

H is for Hillstream

Your Avatar
i love mine. he is peaceful, but will chase people out of his territory. good fish, will eat any food

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I have one of these great fish he was very bashful hid all the time in my plants but when I introduced some floating Water Sprite (Ceratopteris cornuta) he became very active and started to build a bubble nest and now I see him all the time. I wish I could find a female for him. Why are females so hard to find.

Your Avatar
I've had one for about 3 weeks and after acclimating his color has really come out. Does not seem territorial and tolerates the sometimes too energetic zebra danios. Eats anything and will scavenge the bottom for left-over food. He also make a loud noise with his yaw when feeding or making bubble at the surface.

Wannabe Guru

Your Avatar
I love these fish, mine are ecspecially funny when a plant floats up, some of my plants dont root (Penny wort, dont know why) so whenever a cory disturbs the plant and it floats up the drag it around the tank like its some sort of Toy. It's really funny to watch

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Had one but it didn't last but two weeks. Loved the way it looked but it didn't go so well. Did some research and found that these guys aren't what they used to be. So be warned, you can come across some really stupid Dwarfs.

Your Avatar
Having just returned to fishkeeping after 25 years a year ago and having made two huge mistakes already ( 1. First tank way too small. 2. Second tank (65Ltr) still way too small ) My third tank at 120 Ltr is just right for the avaliable space. What I really wanted was a tank with a lot of colour and peaceful fish. Dwarf Gouramis fit the bill perfectly. The tank set up consists of: Dwarf Gouramis x 2 Dwarf Gouramis, cobalt blue x 2 Dwarf Gouramis, red breasted x 2 Cardinal tetras x 13 Angel fish x 1 ( moved due to being bullied in tank 2) All these fish have been together for about 3 months with no problems. I think that all the Dwarf Gouramis are male and they appear to be perfectly happy together. Brilliant fish for colour and temperament.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Cool fish that cost about £7 I think. Its related to the Siamese fighting fish. One of my platys mistakes this fish for one of its own kind and can be seen swimming beside it really close in a failed attempt to mate. its a very chilled out fish on its own. that's my experience but my pal said his grow about 6inch long and terrorised his tank being very aggressive.