Madagascar Rainbow fish (Bedotia geayi)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Fish Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 237
Total Images: 815
Total Comments: 1630

Madagascar Rainbow fish (Bedotia geayi)

Information

Common Name: Madagascar Rainbow fish
Proper Name: Bedotia geayi
Category: Rainbow Fish
Temperature: 22 - 25 C
Temperament Schooling
Maximum Size: 15 cm

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I found one as a stowaway in a killifish tank and later traded for 3 more at an LPS. Very nice fish. The male has red tips on the tail fin and the females do not. The male will display a dark or chocolate color when looking to spawn. This fish hangs out at water level during the night while lights are off.

Your Avatar
I have a couple of these guys and they seem to do real well with the other tank mates such as; neons, pea puffers, Kissing gouramis, cory cat and even a molly.

Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
I just got three of them and they're very active and out and about but they leave my shy dwarf gouramis alone. They have very pretty coloration.

Planted Member

Your Avatar
I have two of these guys and they are beautiful. They school and get along well with my Australian Rainbows.

Planted Member

Your Avatar
Very underrated fish. Had a school of them years ago- lovely and can get along in about any tank. Recently spotted an 'orphan' in a tank of Boesmanni at lfs and grabbed it. Looking for more.