Chili Rasbora (Boraras brigittae )
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Fish Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 237
Total Images: 828
Total Comments: 1748

Chili Rasbora (Boraras brigittae )

Information

Common Name: Chili Rasbora
Proper Name: Boraras brigittae
Category: Cyprinids
Temperature: 25 - 28 C
Temperament Timid
Maximum Size: 3.5 cm

Planted Member

Your Avatar
I don't think this (the picture) is a Chili rasbora. I think it is Boraras Micros

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Yes looks like a picture of boraras micros. The Boraras brigittae should have a long black band in the shape of an 'exclamation point' running through the body with the . of the ! at the end of the body.

Wannabe Guru

Your Avatar
Shy to other species of fish, too much flow and not enough hiding spots. Do better in densely planted tanks with a lid, because they love to jump.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Definitely a shoaler, and even then it's pretty loose. Pretty and very cute, very peaceful. It gives other species of fish a wide margin, but it isn't extremely shy in my moderately decorated five gallon with my even tempered betta (wouldn't, however, recommend with most bettas, mine just happens to be slow and well mannered. Seems too easy to end up as a snack!). It's fairly active overall, not always zipping about but just seems to always be peacefully exploring.