Common Goldfish (Carassius auratus)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Fish Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 237
Total Images: 824
Total Comments: 1709

Common Goldfish (Carassius auratus)

Information

Common Name: Common Goldfish
Proper Name: Carassius auratus
Category: Cyprinids
Temperature: 18 - 21 C
Temperament Active
Maximum Size: 60 cm

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I have two very large goldfish in a 100l with two plecs a lobster and a cuvier bichir. Because they are so big like everything else in my tank they get on fine with there tank mates. The pair are both 5 years old, the bigger one I kid you not his mouth is so large you could fit your thumb init. Great fish if you give them the right care and I would never think of them as just goldfish so much more to them than that.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
say's 60cm in size but in a tank thats more than unlikely

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
My wife's goldie is about 9 years old now and 11" . She shares a 75g with a shubunkin. Awesome fish with a great personality. She started out all orange, but lost it all one year and is now completely white.

Planted Member

Your Avatar
I currently have two: Naruto and Sasuke. They've been alive for almost a year now and a little under 2" each. They co-exist with my Apple Snail and seem pretty happy! They love picking at the plants, bubbles, and sometimes the Apple Snail but he's too big for them to even attempt to swallow! They've gotten used to the sound of my voice and what I look like that they automatically come over now!

Your Avatar
I have a fancy fantail and a golden comet in with 8 tiger barbs 4 odesa barbs 4 ghost butterfly commons 4 golden pencil fish 2 common plecs 2 sucking loach and a pictus catfish all get along fine the pictus is only 2" at the mo but rules the tank.......

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
This fish eat aquarium plants like salad. Anyhow.... I love the orandas and ryukins and they seem dont harm plants like anubias, java fern, valls and ludwigia.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Its realy big and coloured amost red, what do you feed it? I have 2 common goldfishes and about 4 inches now, with me since last june. Its getting orange to red slowly. Feeding carrot, red pepper, sweet potato and green peas-all mixed in a mixer and add little spirulina salt vitamins butter gelatin. put it in micro for 8 mins. Gets fantastic colour

Images

Common Goldfish
Common Goldfish