The skunk loach, skunk botia or Hora's loach ( Yasuhikotakia morleti (syn. Botia morleti, Botia horae, Botia modesta)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Fish Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 237
Total Images: 824
Total Comments: 1720

The skunk loach, skunk botia or Hora's loach ( Yasuhikotakia morleti (syn. Botia morleti, Botia horae, Botia modesta)

Information

Common Name: The skunk loach, skunk botia or Hora's loach
Proper Name: Yasuhikotakia morleti (syn. Botia morleti, Botia horae, Botia modesta
Category: Loaches
Temperature: 26 - 30 C
Temperament Active
Maximum Size: 10 cm

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Fantastic snail eradicator, but I find must be kept in small groups

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I second that, definitely keep them in small groups so they can squabble amongst themselves. Lone specimens can get quite aggressive and can terrorize your average community tank.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
This is one shy fish. You will not see it. This isn't a bad thing, just don't get worried if you don't see them for a few days. They also are a tenacious little guy. They are hardy and great at cleaning up a tank. Back in the day, I had an undergravel filter. I do not know how these little guys did it, but they managed to get under the undergravel filter. I found this out while disassembling the tank. They had survived me shutting down the tank and removing everything. They were healthy, but I fear they might have actually been surviving down there for quite some time....no idea how.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
and they definitely eat shrimp.. true story.. seen it happen.. sadly