lemon Tetra (Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Fish Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 237
Total Images: 818
Total Comments: 1687

lemon Tetra (Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis)

Information

Common Name: lemon Tetra
Proper Name: Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis
Category: Characins
Temperature: 23 - 28 C
Temperament Peaceful
Maximum Size: 5 cm

Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
These little guys are indestructible. They looked very drab and uninteresting in a shop tank, but given a few weeks to settle down they really brighten up. The photos here don't do them justice (not that I can do better). They need quite a few friends to give them someone to squabble with, but they're perfectly peaceful with all other tank residents. Attractive and easy to keep.

Your Avatar
Cool fish and are very colorful. I strongly recommend these for the community tank.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I love them, but they are not that pretty or long lived in a neutral-ish PH tank. They like acid and soft water - bordering on a blackwater tank, but not quite that extreme. They also like very clean water. They like a nice water flow as well. I'd go six minimum, but 12 is probably better as a few will die off initially. If you do all that and start feeding them live they take on IMO the best depth and complexity of color of any tetra.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Good specimens have Extremely red eyes that really make them pop. Red and yellow is a very uncommon color combo in fish. Enjoy!

Your Avatar
I love this fish. from the time I was a beginner untill now, Ive always included them in my community tanks I usually keep 7 or 8 and they are happy peaceful and live a very long time excellant choice!

Wannabe Guru

Your Avatar
I started with two, and now have 70-80 of them. Prolific reproducers especially in densely planted tanks with some room. Excellent beginer fish.

Images

lemon Tetra