Serpae Tetra (Hyphessobrycon eques)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Fish Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 237
Total Images: 824
Total Comments: 1708

Serpae Tetra (Hyphessobrycon eques)

Information

Common Name: Serpae Tetra
Proper Name: Hyphessobrycon eques
Category: Characins
Temperature: 22 - 26 C
Temperament Aggresive
Maximum Size: 4 cm

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
They are agreesive if you don't keep them in a group. I had three ( probably not enough). They nip each other. : (

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
We had 6 of them for three years before we had to take the tank down for moving. Yes, they pretty much chased each other around the tank, with the largest one the most agressive. It looked like they were nipping at each other, but in the three years, we never saw any fin damage and we were watching that pretty closely. We also had three congo tetras in the same tank and they did the same thing to each other. But neither species was observed "nipping" at any other species but there own.

Your Avatar
I had 9 of it & only 1 whos aggressively nips other's fin & my 5 show guppies doesn't show anymore. They are beautiful when they swim around together.

Your Avatar
I've found it to be very peaceful. I only have one in the tank,as he is a donation! Keeps mainly to the bottom half of the tank any no trouble at all. No fish in this tank have nice long flowing tails, which might help.

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
Keep them in large groups and there won´t be any fin nipping. I have a group of 20 and they look awesome, they school fine. They share home with my Angelfish and I haven´t seen any damage done.

Images

Serpae Tetra