Bumble Bee Shrimp ( Caridina trifasciata)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Fish Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 237
Total Images: 828
Total Comments: 1746

Bumble Bee Shrimp ( Caridina trifasciata)

Information

Common Name: Bumble Bee Shrimp
Proper Name: Caridina trifasciata
Category: Invertebrates
Temperature: 18 - 22 C
Temperament Unknown
Maximum Size: 0 cm

Planted Tank Guru

Your Avatar
The Bumble Bee shrimp is quite similar to it's more famous counterpart, the Crystal Red Shrimp. However, it has black stripes instead of red ones, but sometimes the stripes can be a reddish shade of black. It is a bit less picky concerning pH and water conditions than the Crystal Red Shrimp, but good water quality is still absolutely imperative, or deaths will occur. It is more delicate than the Red Cherry Shrimp.

Your Avatar
how much do they cost?

Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
I just bought one. It was marked $4.50 but the chick charged me $2.99. I think cuz it was the last one and took her 20 mins to fish out. Pretty big too, probably full grown.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
these little guys are only $2.50 at my LFS and i just got six we'll see how well they hold up

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
These guys will grow up to 1 inch ,but if your going to buy shrimps like these your going to need experience for them. For newbies try to use a ro filter to lower down the ph about 6.2-6.4. Then buy some bacteria from a store I prefer ADG or mr.aqua. If your going tp buy shrimp remember the older the shrimp the slower they would adjust to the environment. These kinds of shrimp have a grade from C-SSS. I will put up a chart of how to grade these. If you need any help just contact me Feedback would be appreciated. :)

Your Avatar
I just ordered some RCS and some BCS. If I crossbred them would the babies all be black?

Your Avatar
i think i wanna put these in my fully planted 10 gallon with my ghosts

Images

Bumble Bee Shrimp
Bumble Bee Shrimp
Bumble Bee Shrimp
Bumble Bee Shrimp