Polka-Dot Loach, Marble Loach, Cloud Botia, Angelicus Loach, Botia "Angelicus", Burmese Border Loach (Botia kubotai)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Fish Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 237
Total Images: 828
Total Comments: 1748

Polka-Dot Loach, Marble Loach, Cloud Botia, Angelicus Loach, Botia "Angelicus", Burmese Border Loach (Botia kubotai)

Information

Common Name: Polka-Dot Loach, Marble Loach, Cloud Botia, Angelicus Loach, Botia "Angelicus", Burmese Border Loach
Proper Name: Botia kubotai
Category: Loaches
Temperature: 24 - 28 C
Temperament Peaceful
Maximum Size: 13 cm

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Extremely sweet fish. They are active and fun to watch. Peaceful for the post part but they will try to consume the little guys such as neons and cardinals.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I absolutely love these fish. They make a great addition and are fun to watch.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I have two of these guys and although they are beautiful, one of them is by no means peaceful. Initially I had them both in a 72 community tank. One grew three times faster than the other and started picking on my other loachs, mainly the clowns. He actually ripped a fin off of one of them. I ended up putting him in my mbuna tank and thought "sink or swim". He fit right in there. He may even be the most aggressive fish in the tank...The other Angelicus is still less than half his size and has been no problem to any other fish. The aggressive one is just under 5 inches where as the other is less than 3.

Images

Polka-Dot Loach, Marble Loach, Cloud Botia, Angelicus Loach, Botia