Figure 8 Puffer (Tetraodon biocellatus)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Fish Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 237
Total Images: 824
Total Comments: 1708

Figure 8 Puffer (Tetraodon biocellatus)

Information

Common Name: Figure 8 Puffer
Proper Name: Tetraodon biocellatus
Category: Others
Temperature: 22 - 26 C
Temperament Predatory
Maximum Size: 6 cm

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Aggressive and brackish. WILL eat your fish, or torture to death. Should be kept species only-really only one unless mated pair. 3 inches in length, 30 gal. minimum, The Figure 8 Puffer should be fed crustacean foods such as brine shrimp, krill, mollusks, earthworms, and bloodworms.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
This one is a real aggressive one......i couldn't tolerate him for an hour,he stuck his beak to my goldfish's tale...! I had to exchange him with a swordtail....!

Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
This is an aggressive brackish species that gets up to 3" in length. Research this one first, guys. Seriously. Special water and dietary requirements.

Planted Tank Guru

Your Avatar
i had one that was housed in a 75 gallon that minded his own business but if a fish got close he would chase them off and then go back to picking through the plants for snails. very great fish that loved blood worms and brine shrimp as well. i would keep one again in a large tank.

Your Avatar
wonderful fish to keep with TONS of personality, make sure to have alot of hiding places for this guy and at leaaaast 20 gallons of brackish water or else he will get skittish and will be less fun to keep. I have been able to keep mine with several bumblebee gobies without any problems so they can be less aggressive than most people think. Also, from my experience these guys wrecked every plant i had, so prepare for plastic plants or none at all!

Your Avatar
Quite good if you don't want the 'unused' snail specially that come with the live plant that you just bought...

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
FRESHWATER species. http://www.fishbase.org/summary/25175