Jullii Cory (Corydorus julii)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Fish Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 237
Total Images: 824
Total Comments: 1715

Jullii Cory (Corydorus julii)

Information

Common Name: Jullii Cory
Proper Name: Corydorus julii
Category: Catfish
Temperature: 20 - 24 C
Temperament Active
Maximum Size: 0 cm

Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
I believe petco markets Leopard Cories as Jullii Cories, cause i've never seen one of these but i've seen the name

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Julii Cories are apparently pretty rare, and frequently "false julii" cories or Corydoras trilineatus are labeled as true julii's in shops. This picture is correct, however the wikipedia one is not. Here is a great link to explain the difference easily: http://www.scotcat.com/factsheets/c_trilineatus.htm (ps my false juliis, sold to me as juliis, are a great little dwarf cory, very animated, social and excellent cleaners. They love having more fish to their shoal than less.

Planted Member

Your Avatar
I've got 3 of these with my other cories and they're probably my favorites out of the bunch. They're just as active and curious as the rest. I like their color and texture better. Also their eyes seem to be a bit bigger giving them a really timid and curious look. I can sit and watch them for hours. Get some!