Asian rummynose, Naked microrasbora (Sawbwa Resplendens)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Fish Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 237
Total Images: 827
Total Comments: 1739

Asian rummynose, Naked microrasbora (Sawbwa Resplendens)

Information

Common Name: Asian rummynose, Naked microrasbora
Proper Name: Sawbwa Resplendens
Category: Cyprinids
Temperature: 21 - 25 C
Temperament Active
Maximum Size: 4 cm

Planted Tank Obsessed

Your Avatar
I have been looking for this fish for three years.

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
I'm curious to know if anybody knows of a good place to get these. I'd really like some for my tank in the future. What I have read on them is that they are hardier than the other rummynose tetra (red

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I have a single male. Its a hardy critter that does well in the community setting.

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
Beautiful fish when calm and happy, iridescent blue over silver body and a jelly red head, females look startlingly different but just as attractive, silver/gold metallic under a translucent pale orange body. Boys hang with boys and girls hang with girls until the groups drift together. Description text here pg 48-49 http://biostor.org/reference/97555

Planted Member

Your Avatar
These are nice but after year in my tank they lost most of there color. The females are as plain as they get. Easy to care for.

Your Avatar
I just picked up 5 of these at the LFS. I read they are hard to feed on flake and am finding that true, but they are snubbing some frozen too. Hopefully they settle in and eat more regularly. Interesting swimming patterns compared to the danios. Very still.