blue dolphin (Cyrtocara moorii )
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum

Navigation

Fish Profiles Stats

Total Profiles: 237
Total Images: 824
Total Comments: 1715

blue dolphin (Cyrtocara moorii )

Information

Common Name: blue dolphin
Proper Name: Cyrtocara moorii
Category: Cichlids
Temperature: 24 - 28 C
Temperament Peaceful
Maximum Size: 20 cm

Your Avatar
very pretty cichlid. They do not develop the buldge in the head until maturity. These cichlids also have an especially smaller mouth.

Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your Avatar
I had two of these guys when they were small, when they are tiny you wont really recognize them but once they get bigger they are beautiful, your patience will be rewarded with these guys :)

Abs

Your Avatar
Are they safe on plants. Their tepmerament says "peaceful"

Algae Grower

Your Avatar
I know it says "peaceful"... but I found mine was the opposite. (Although, admittedly, he seemed to be maturing much faster than my other cichlids.) He chased and nipped at all of my other cichlids (even the ones much bigger than he was, including a flametail that he killed with in a few days of getting him). Finally, I got tired of it and sold him back to my LFS. I don't know if I just got a mutent or if they are more agressive than people let on, but this was my experience. My LFS owner said they are "hit or miss" on their agression and the ones who matured faster tended to be the bigger jerks. Luck of the draw I guess.