The Planted Tank Forum - Conversation Between Hoppy and Dudeplus5
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Hoppy

Conversation Between Hoppy and Dudeplus5
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Dudeplus5
    07-16-2013 06:37 AM
    Dudeplus5
    thank s so much hoppy, you dont know how much your help means to me. I've been into freshwater for over 30 yrs, and this lighting crap with all the myths gets aggrivating. I've only recently started to try to grow more demanding plants. I was a Cichlid breeder for about 15 or so yrs and cou[dnt keep anything but java moss and java fern.
  2. Dudeplus5
    07-16-2013 06:31 AM
    Dudeplus5
    Dr. Foster and Smith give par value on there sight for 12 inches
  3. Dudeplus5
    07-16-2013 05:20 AM
    Dudeplus5
    hey Hoppy, do you know anything about the Marineland Aquatic Plant LED Lighting System w/Timer. It provides 172 peak PAR values at 12 inches. Any ideal what that might be at 17 inches, should still be high values is what I'm thinking. I purchased one today.
  4. Dudeplus5
    07-01-2013 04:37 AM
    Dudeplus5
    par is in high 20's for the height im at with it, to base of plants on the bottom. 2000 lumens
  5. Dudeplus5
    07-01-2013 03:05 AM
    Dudeplus5
    hey hoppy, i have a 75 gallon pre drilled tank. I have 48" current satellite led+ full spectrum light.I'm also using CO-2 with a mix max reactor and 200 lbs. of eco complete. based on all the research ive done on what it takes to grow plants. im really confused.LOL I know plants need full spectrum lighting, co-2 and good ferts to be healthy. The base of my plants will measure 17" from light. Is this setup sufficient to grow plants. I want to use hairgrass for carpet affect. Java fern on mopani wood, undecided on other plants so far. Never grown hairgrass before, and i know from 20 yrs. of growing java fern u can grow it with very minimal light. whats ur take on the hairgrass with my setup. PLEASE