The Planted Tank Forum - Conversation Between Hoppy and FISH101
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Hoppy

Conversation Between Hoppy and FISH101
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
  1. FISH101
    02-16-2011 11:20 PM
    FISH101
    Hoppy about a month ago you gave me some tips on how to add lighting to my 20 gallon tank and what ferts to use ( dont know if you remember ) anyways ive had my tank set up now for a good 3 or so months now and im now getting alge on my plants ive been noticing it slowly creeping in. it looks like hair alge and today i noticed some brown hair like stuff. my tank is a 20 gal it has 4 t8 15w bulbs im using the flourish instead of the csm+b,kno3 and kh2po3 1x per week on those and i have the root tabs in there.4 bottles of diy co2, filter is a hang on back one im doing 25% water change weekly and my lights are on for 9 hrs a day. what do you think i can do to remove the alge in my tank. before it gets out of hand! another thing i forgot to mention when i bought my plants they they came in a plastic container filled with holes and the plants was attched to a cotton inside the container the person that sold me the plants told me i can put them in like that