The Planted Tank Forum - Conversation Between Nakinata and treetom
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Nakinata

Conversation Between Nakinata and treetom
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. treetom
    07-12-2011 04:35 PM
    treetom
    All day. Nothing makes a change to color. Some say these will be blonde and the others normal. We'll see in good time.
  2. Nakinata
    07-12-2011 03:17 AM
    Nakinata
    I have the same thing happening with my fry too, but it's really nothing to be alarmed from what I've seen. Perhaps its a matter of light, but I'm just guessing. They all end up turning out alright. Do you see this happening more in the morning or at night? Or is it throughout?
  3. treetom
    06-29-2011 10:13 PM
    treetom
    My tanks are unheated and hang in the mid 70's. Question. Why do some of the fry look yellow and the others grey/brown? First time with these little ones and not sure what to make of it.
  4. Nakinata
    06-29-2011 04:46 AM
    Nakinata
    That's great! The thing is, it seems like the females will only try to eat the first batch or whatever, because after a short while, they'll just leave the fry alone. By the way, from what I hear, colder waters will give you more males and warmer waters will yield you more females
  5. treetom
    06-17-2011 01:07 AM
    treetom
    The two females were looking very big, so I moved them into the shrimp tank to birth away from the hungry mouths of the community tank Tuesday night. Last night when I was looking in the shrimp tank I saw a fry swimming about, then another. I was very excited and happy to see them, and talk about timing. So I removed the females and put them into the community tank again, since they tried to eat the fry. Very cool.
  6. Nakinata
    05-10-2011 08:36 PM
    Nakinata
    Shrimps are doing great, they were afraid of the fish at first but now they're venturing out into open spaces. One of the baby shrimps crawled into my breeder cage and is now working on cleaning it up haha. How are the endlers?
  7. treetom
    05-10-2011 03:33 AM
    treetom
    How's the shrimp?