The Planted Tank Forum - Conversation Between Bree and palufreak
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Bree

Conversation Between Bree and palufreak
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Bree
    04-03-2011 01:55 AM
    Bree
    I know, i find it funny when people ask though, i honestly get people still asking me if we live in "those ice houses" i just shake my head. lol
    I'm not a huge fan of marimo moss balls, most like them, but i am the exception! lol
    I will be driving down south hopefully, the freight in shipping a big tank would be crazy i am sure. I live in the capital, couldn't imagine living in a community! Theres only 40k people here now so ya. lol
    Okay, well keep me updated with the shrimp, i may be interested depending on the prices!
  2. palufreak
    04-03-2011 01:38 AM
    palufreak
    When I asked about the weather, I was kidding... I know it gets hot up there... Down in Ottawa it gets to -30 too...

I'm not sure what plants I'm gonna get though... I know Marimo Moss Balls for sure (about 15-20) and split them to make more and sell them... As for Angelfish, I am still trying to figure out the first fish/invert I wanna breed so I might not be breeding Angels until next year or two!!! Are you flying down to Victoria... What city are you in?

Shrimp.... I don't know which kind yet! I'll start with ghost shrimp just for experience before I move on to expensive species...
    Ottos.... Thanks, I've heard that too
  3. Bree
    04-03-2011 01:26 AM
    Bree
    Haha, thats everyones first question, no its actually warmer up here than most would think, right now its 10 degrees C and getting warmer. The winters tend to drop to -25 and sometimes -30. And the summers can get up to literally +40 C. The news only covers us when we get the super cold spells at -30 though, they never report our warm weather. lol

Oh awesome! I would possibly be very interested in some plants you may have (if any later in the summer) and i am looking into starting a 55 gallon angelfish aquarium, and angels up here are normally very ill looking and are sold for $35 each...lol
    But that depends if i can get down to Victoria and buy the aquarium i have my eye on.
    Then find a place to set it up!
    May just be a hope though!

Hmm, also shrimp is something else i am looking into getting!
    Good luck breeding otos, i have heard of very little people who have been successful!
  4. palufreak
    04-03-2011 01:10 AM
    palufreak
    Is it cold up there? Lol
    If ever you need anything, I'm looking into (haven't started yet) breeding different species of fish and inverts, but top of the line specimens! If ever you need or would like something, I could ship it to you later this summer... I am looking into breeding: Angelfish, Guppies, Shrimp, Snails, Ottos, Corydoras and most off all; Aeglas (rare freshwater crabs/crayfish... Look it up on google). I'm still open to suggestions... Also plants: Marimo Moss Balls (and more)!!! So if you ever need anything, I could ship it to you (just pay shipping and handling)
    Anyways, let me know if you need anything!!
  5. Bree
    04-03-2011 12:59 AM
    Bree
    And of course, the last remaining petstore here hasn't much idea as to what they are selling for example they no nothing of plants, how to care for them let alone what the plants are called. And because of that i have actually gotten some good deals, like how i bought 2 "panda" corys that are actually Aldolfi corys and so on. ^^
  6. Bree
    04-03-2011 12:58 AM
    Bree
    Its almost impossible to to find healthy plants and fish here, and they are VERY expensive, but i manage, its nice to see someone else from Canada on here, most are from the US! lol
  7. palufreak
    04-02-2011 11:23 PM
    palufreak
    I saw your from Yukon!!! Thats so cool... I'm from Ottawa!!! I'm asuming (might be wrong) that you have trouble finding livestock and stuff!!!