The Planted Tank Forum - Conversation Between wkndracer and RobertPlant
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > wkndracer

Conversation Between wkndracer and RobertPlant
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. wkndracer
    04-01-2011 10:00 AM
    wkndracer
    Now THAT I've got an opinion on. haha
    Space the plants knowing general area needed (size) when mature. Gaps allow the plant to establish. NPT you want full tank coverage but still need growth room. I plant this way as do most. My journal pics show this on new tanks. Floaters are a huge help with NPT scrubbing the water and helping avoid algae. They aren't a problem to remove once the tanks rooted plants establish. I leave more than 10-15%
  2. RobertPlant
    04-01-2011 01:53 AM
    RobertPlant
    well...wasn't so much the species as numbers for tank I was curious about - I've read leave 10 to 15% free...another guy told me that general rule of thumb is to fill every sq inch - anyhow...I know what your saying ,thanks
  3. wkndracer
    03-31-2011 05:49 PM
    wkndracer
    I could answer that with all kinds of blah blah but reality is its personal choice.
    A tank can be filled with nothing but crypts and be good to go if that's what a tank owner likes. Some plants compete with each other and won't do well in the same box.
    Chain swords and sag in my tank and sag won with the swords slowly fading out.
  4. RobertPlant
    03-30-2011 12:51 PM
    RobertPlant
    Wondering what minimum# of plants in a 10 gallon should be - here's my wish list(probably take away 1 or 2 of the carpet plants) - keep in mind I have 6 species & can add if # isn't high enough
    Asian Ambulia $3
    Ceratophyllum submersum $3
    "Rotala Indica" $4
    Echinodorus Tenellus >50cents
    Hemianthus Callitrichoides $4
    Dwarf grass $4
    Myrio pinnatum $4
    Creeping Jenny $4.50 marsilia minuta