The Planted Tank Forum - Conversation Between dxiong5 and tunerz
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > dxiong5

Conversation Between dxiong5 and tunerz
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. dxiong5
    02-09-2010 02:06 AM
    dxiong5
    Wow, is that one of your CRS?
  2. dxiong5
    10-03-2009 02:29 PM
    dxiong5
    About your question on keeping them: pH 6.6-6.8 would be best, also temps between 23C - 25C would also show their best colors. Make sure your GH and KH aren't too high. If you feed meaty foods, such as most prepared shrimp pellets, they will grow faster. Feeding more vegetable based foods (veggie sticks, boiled spinach) will enhance coloration. Whenever I do water changes and top offs, I add a tiny amount of Shirakura White Powder - it's a calcium additive that will help the shrimp molt. Genetics also play a key role in coloration; usually higher grades will have more solid white and red. I didn't have much success in keeping and breeding CRS until I switched over to ADA Amazonia substrate. Hope this helps!
  3. tunerz
    10-02-2009 03:36 PM
    tunerz
    I just started out, right now I only have about 5 CRS grade A. Anything better than A will do. Also you got any good tips on raising CRS, as in what's best to feed them? My water level, ph seems to be fine, but the CRS color is not enhanced as I want them to be. Do need to feed them mineral rocks or what? Also, what are your prices on your CRS and what grade? Thanks
  4. tunerz
    09-30-2009 03:04 AM
    tunerz
    Hey, I notice that you are hmong too. I'm also a hmong vue from Lansing, MI. You got any CRS?