The Planted Tank Forum - Conversation Between Centromochlus and pandamonium
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Centromochlus

Conversation Between Centromochlus and pandamonium
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
  1. pandamonium
    06-16-2012 02:36 AM
    pandamonium
    yeah i definitely have not seen those in my area at all. it would be an interesting project to try though. so far, one of my honeycombs is female for certain. she popped out of the log in broad daylight which is strange. im thinking its cuz she isnt getting enough food. tonight ill be sure to be a little more generous on the midnight snack for these guys. she isnt grossly think but not as healthy fat as the other 2.
  2. Centromochlus
    06-16-2012 02:19 AM
    Centromochlus
    That's funny, i was actually seriously thinking about setting up a breeding tank for them today. It sounds like they're pretty easy to breed. I also have Centromochlus reticulatus, which i call "devilcombs" since they're more black than honeycombs. I think i would probably try breeding them too since they're very rare. Hmmm... problem is i don't know how many males/females i have of the C. reticulatus. I don't think you can sex them the same way as honeycombs.
  3. pandamonium
    06-16-2012 02:01 AM
    pandamonium
    wow thats a really easy way to sex them. ill take a look tonight and see. one of my cats moved from its normal spot. i really want to try breeding them so if i have a good combo, then maybe! have you tried breeding/bred them before?
  4. Centromochlus
    06-16-2012 01:23 AM
    Centromochlus
    http://www.planetcatfish.com/shanesw...iae%3C%2Fem%3E

There's two good pictures that'll show you how to sex them. I have 7 of these fish myself and only 2 of them are males. The males seem to be harder to come by!
  5. pandamonium
    06-16-2012 01:16 AM
    pandamonium
    no i dont know how to sex them. i have been looking them up on planet catfish to see but havent taken a look at mine close enough yet. any tips? haha that would help a lot i dont see them much until lights out. i really like how quirky they look/are. look like they cant swim but they sure can haha.
  6. Centromochlus
    06-16-2012 12:59 AM
    Centromochlus
    Very nice! Do you know how many males/females you have?
    They're such great fish. By far my favorite!
  7. pandamonium
    06-16-2012 12:53 AM
    pandamonium
    yep! i just got 3 of them about 2 or 3 weeks ago. i was eyeing them since last year and finally got around to getting some from my LFS. great purchase though ill probably try to edit my tank journal and get pics posted
  8. Centromochlus
    06-15-2012 11:30 PM
    Centromochlus
    I see your avatar is a honeycomb catfish too! Do you have any?