The Planted Tank Forum - Conversation Between i4x4nMore and KDahlin
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > i4x4nMore

Conversation Between i4x4nMore and KDahlin
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. KDahlin
    05-09-2009 12:00 AM
    KDahlin
    Hi i4X4,
    I only just saw your message; I never look at my visitor page, I don't use it.

Thanks for your offer! That's very kind of you! I went ahead and took out the reflector and painted over the shiny metal surface with white spray paint to cut down on the light. I have heard that AH Supply lights are very strong so I am hoping that this will serve to reduce the light a little. I just want this to be a slow grow, low tech tank. If this doesn't fix the problem maybe I'll PM you see if you can sort out what's going on, if that's alright. Thanks again for your offer, I'm sorry I didn't see your message before or I would've taken you up on it.

Kathy
  2. i4x4nMore
    05-04-2009 10:23 PM
    i4x4nMore
    Hi,

I saw your recent post asking about whether or not to remove the reflector in your tank. There was a low-tech lighting topic of conversation that I was responding to in this thread:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/lo...tml#post834956

At any rate, I'm going to be in SF tomorrow. If you're interested, maybe we could have a look at your tank together and see if we can come to any conclusion why the plants are having problems. I can bring my PAR meter and that will definitively tell us if the lighting needs to be modified. Then, using the meter, you can experiment with changes to the lighting and see how it directly impacts the photosynthetic energy being supplied to the plants.

There may be more than one aspect of your tank that is causing poor growth in your plants. But if we can assess the lighting, then we can contemplate the other variables on their own.

It's something I'd be interested in doing. Let me know what you think. I have Tuesday evening free.

Cheers!