The Planted Tank Forum - !shadow!'s Albums
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > !shadow!'s Profile

!shadow!'s Albums
  Album Title Pictures Last Picture
Picture my diy
This is my 10 gallon diy l wanted to get larger aquarium but i didn't wanna screw things up :p so i used a 10 as a guinie pig hehe, i contructed this about 2 weeks ago with quikrete concrete acrylic fortifier liquid and cement colors(mostly charcoal) lm planning on making this a cichlid tank but still deciding on what species i could keep(any advice would be appreciated). i did white styrofoam about 1 or 1.5inches thick and then half a inch on the very bottom where the sand(also could use the advice preferably, white,black or grey as long as it's natural/realistic).i'm finishing coating the background and adding more caves as you can see on the bottom, and will post more pictures soon.*sorry for the bad quality pictures due to using my phones camera*
2 02-11-2010 05:30 AM
Picture my planted 40g tank
This is my planted 40g(community) tank l set up for about 6 months now it has a big piece of driftwood with java moss clumps on it along with a piece of limestone due to the c02 bringing down the ph(due to carbonic acid) i want it to balance it out. and hydro's on the left side(more visible) and right, some hairgrass on the bottom close to the center along with mini swords runners on the left corner. currently has 3 siamese flying fish, 5 harlequin rasboas,5 white clouds, 2 red/black tetras(forgot the actual name) and about 3 cherry barbs. has a external canister filter, co2 injected (5lb bottle), t5 ho (2atinic 2 10k's system)brand is nova extreme if i remember correctly. l also have a background usually held with magnets rock design (ill post pictures soon)l recently got a electric blue ram and he's a smart one waiting to get fed following my hand movements. any comments or positive criticism/help is greatly appreciated or any ideas to make it better. thank you for viewing
6 02-11-2010 05:26 AM