The Planted Tank Forum - fishaddiction's Album: my 55 gallon
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > fishaddiction's Profile > Albums

my 55 gallon
Took me a while for it to get like thus.it is also my first ever planted tank.so i had allot if failure.but now with allot more experience I'm far better than i was.still need some helpto be better.but here is my 55 from starting of my learning till the end of the 55
Had to move apartments, figured i would go bigger got a 75.upgraded to a 4 bulb fixture.2 10,000k, 2 5,000k plant bulbs. I have the 10k on for 8...
Best thing i ever bought other than lights...NERITE SNAILS... These guys super cleaned my tank in two days.started having a ales problem(at the time...
Some to water action.
End result.i got extremely addicted to the hobby put in hundreds of hours researching.and got pretty good at it.i love this tank.
Still have more than half of the tank is fake plants
So i set down and decided i need to research how to keep plants alive.came up with i needed a real light instead if the crap i had.i went out and got...
So again my buddy Matt hooking me up with this blue angel.
Now I'm just buying any fish that looks cool, then researching it and finding out that i might have made a mistake. This guy was not though i liked...
After many trips to the pet store and looking at this driftwood peice on the left my girlfriend got it for me for Christmas.really exited.oh and my...
Found a fire eel thought it was the coolest thing ever.had to have it.so i bought it and three days later it committed suicide.also got a African...
With a little advice from a buddy that works at a pet store,i went to the creek and got some rock, and made some rock structures.now i see a big...
So my Oscars that were so cool, well they were not that cool anymore since i could only have them in there.so i took them to the lfs, gave them away...
So i thought my tank was looking a little plain and was tired of seeing the wires through my back glass, do i got a background.
Got a pictus catfish(which even now i can not keep them alive so i will never buy them again.so now with my tank set up I'm ready for a live plant.do...
2 of my the Oscars
So i started with a free 55 gal, old wood trim.took wide electric tape over it to make it black.took some free gravel from a construction site.bought...