Oh, good point...
When you do your reseach, also consider the life of the bulb when you cycle it on and off... These kind of bulbs take a bit of a hit everytime you turn them on...
That is definitely something to research. I feel like the general consensus has been that it's better to turn it off than leave it on all the time, again to preserve bulb life.
But, I know that light bulbs, as with pretty much all electrical devices, do take a hit like you said when cycled on and off. UV bulbs are freakin' expensive, so I definitely want to prolong bulb life.
I wonder which is worse.
Anybody have any thoughts?
Also something to consider is that if you want the UV to kill Parasites to need about 1/3 of the flow that it takes to kill Bacteria and Algae.
is a good point. Moving the UV over to a single 2028 may be the way I go after all.
Last edited by jmhart; 02-05-2010 at 09:31 PM.