The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Nano regulator build for pressurized CO2 - (shown on a Fluval Edge)
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member
Now, time to wire the solenoid. You can choose as I did to add a quick disconnect plug or just splice the 2 solenoid leads to the wall wart. There is no polarity to the solenoid so you can wire either lead to the + of the wall wart.

Caveats: in retrospect the Clippard needle valve is not the best solution for a Nano application as it doesn’t offer very fine control which becomes more critical when trying to achieve a very low bubble per minute count. This is mentioned by Rex Grigg at his site but I figured I’d buy the valve anyway since I was already getting a bunch of stuff from Clippard. I’ll probably insert a Swagelok that I bought a while back on the S&S downstream from the assembled regulator but were I to do it again, I’d just attach the 10-32 male to 1/8” hose barb fitting to the female outlet on the solenoid, then run tubing to a better needle valve. A check valve can be placed in-line between the needle valve and the bubble counter.

Finished product (note the actual assembled height is smaller, the CO2 cart was not screwed in all the way in this pic):

Hope this is useful to folks…I'll post another section of how to fit this into the Fluval Edge shortly.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome