The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - zeldar's 10gallon tree stump scape
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
zeldar's 10gallon tree stump scape

I just set up a hardscape for a new 10gallon tank. I got a great piece of driftwood THE manzanita guy in SnS. I wanted it to resemble a tree stump with roots coming out from the base.

I decided to try the AZOO substrate that GLA is now selling. I tried Aquasoil in my other 10gallon and I HATE it. I set that tank up in June and the water is still real yellow. I have to do a water change every 3 days or I can barely see the back of the tank. Its so frustrating. Sooo hopefully the AZOO will have clear water.

As for the plants going into the tank, I am going to try my hand at a dry start with UG. I've seen so many great tanks on here using UG so I just had to try it. So the UG will cover most of the front and right side of the tank. I may try planting something along the base of the stump. Any Suggestions? Also the back left corner I will probably use some sort of stem plant. Again, any suggestions? What plants look nice with UG?

Haven't really thought about fish/inverts for this tank yet. Its gonna be awhile for the UG to fill in using dry start, so I have some time to think.

Thats about it for now, I'll update with more specs once the tank gets planted. I'm free for suggestions as all I knew for this tank going in was the stump manzanita and UG.

top view

Last edited by zeldar; 04-16-2010 at 01:04 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome