The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - "Betta House" 16 Gallon Bow Front- My First Planted tank
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member
If you want to try your hand at breeding bettas...
lauralellbp, My days of breeding fish are over, at at least for now. I am trying to focus more on freshwater plants for the time being. I was really speaking more in jest than anything. But you are absolutely right about this tank not being ideal for breeding bettas.

The 16G bowfront is one of my favorite types of tanks.
Devin, Since I am new to planted aquariums I am finding that this tank's footprint is giving me fits! Of course it doesn't help that my driftwood stump takes up so much room. I'm still looking for something for the 18" tall background, perhaps Crytocoryne crispatula var. balansae.

Update: It's 4:20 AM and I have class at 8 AM. But hey, the rescape and fuzz algae have been taken care of.

After (yes this pic is crooked, it's 4 in the morning, what else do you expect?):

It looks much better, IMO. Let me know what you guys think.

I lost one oto during today's activities. How it jumped out of a half full 5 gallon bucket is beyond me. All of the fuzz algae that I could see is now a pinkish read. H2O2 works!

Updated tank info:
Cryptocoryne lutea- These look pretty good. They have a nice bright green leaf with red edges. I hope it stays like that in my tank....
Cryptocoryne spiralis
Cryptocoryne wendtii
Microsorum Pteropus
Microsorum Pteropus "Narrow Leaf"
Microsorum Pteropus "Trident"
Taxiphyllum barbieri

Betta Splendens
Otocinclus macrospilus x 1
Palaemonetes spp. x 9
Rasbora heteromorpha x 7

R.I.P. Airborne Otocinclus

Brandon Herren
"Betta House" 16 Gallon Bow Front Journal , Album "30 gallon Rescape, Take 2"Journal , Album
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome